Fish with Roasted Vegetables and Hollandaise
A classic, quick and easy fish dish!
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on Sunday, February 19, 2017.
- 150g potatoes, scrubbed and diced 1-2cm
- 1-2 baby capsicums, cut in half lengthways and remove core and seeds *
- ¼-½ red onion, sliced 0.5cm
- ½ carrot, thinly sliced *
- 1½ teaspoons summer spice mix
- ½ bag green beans *
- 150g fish fillet
- 1 tablespoon flour seasoned with a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon hollandaise sauce
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Bring a half full kettle to the boil. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat BBQ hot plate to high (if using).
- 1 Toss potatoes, capsicums, onion and carrot with summer spice mix and a drizzle of olive oil on prepared tray. Season with salt and roast for 15-20 minutes, until starting to caramelise. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 While potatoes are cooking, trim ends off beans and slice in half lengthways. Cut lemon into wedges. Set both aside.
- 3 When vegetables have about 10 minutes cook time remaining, prepare fish. Pat fish dry with paper towels and remove any remaining scales or bones. Dust with seasoned flour.
- 4 Heat butter and a drizzle of oil in a small fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and just cooked through.
- 5 While fish is cooking, place beans and a pinch of salt in a medium, heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1-2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain, toss with a drizzle of olive oil (if desired) and season with salt.
- To serve, Place roasted vegetables onto a plate and top with beans and fish. Spoon over hollandaise and squeeze over lemon juice.
- SERVES 1
- Energy: 2141 kj / 512 kcal
- Protein: 40.3g
- Carbohydrate: 45.0g
- Fat: 17.2g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe