Lamb Pizzas with Minty Drizzle and Salad
A healthier take on a family favourite - enjoy!
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on Sunday, March 26, 2017.
- 200g pumpkin, peeled and diced 1cm
- 3 pizza bases
- 70g tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons mild sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups grated cheese *
- ½ capsicum, core and seeds removed and thinly sliced *
- 400g lamb rump steaks (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons lamb spice mix (optional, adults)
- ¾ red onion, thinly sliced * (optional, adults)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (e.g. red wine, white wine)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- ¾ teaspoon vinegar (e.g. red wine, white wine)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (e.g. wholegrain, Dijon)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves (optional) *
- PREHEAT oven to 230°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat a second oven tray. Preheat BBQ hot plate or grill to high (if using).
- 1 Toss pumpkin on first prepared tray with a drizzle of oil and season with salt. Roast for 8-10 minutes. Lay two sheets of baking paper on the bench. Cut one pizza base in half and place one and a half bases on each sheet. In a small bowl mix tomato paste, sweet chilli and oil together.
- 2 Evenly spread tomato paste mix over pizzas and sprinkle with cheese. Top pizzas with roasted pumpkin and capsicum. Carefully transfer baking paper with pizzas on top, onto on preheated oven trays then carefully slide baking paper away (use a fish slice to help with this).
- 3 Cook pizzas for about 10 minutes, until has cheese melted and bases are crispy. Swap trays halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking. While pizzas are cooking, heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on high heat. Toss lamb with lamb spice mix (if using).
- 4 Cook lamb for about 2 minutes each side for medium-rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Set aside covered with foil for 5 minutes, before slicing thinly. Keep pan on heat and reduce heat to medium. Cook onion (if using) in lamb juices for about 4 minutes.
- 5 Whisk vinegar and oil together in a large bowl. Finely slice lettuce and grate carrot. Add both to bowl with dressing, toss to combine and season to taste. Mix all minty drizzle ingredients together in a small bowl. Scatter sliced lamb and cooked onions over pizzas and drizzle over minty drizzle.
- TO SERVE slice each lamb pizza into 6-8 pieces and divide between plates. Serve salad on the side.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2643 kj / 632 kcal
- Protein: 32.4g
- Carbohydrate: 46.9g
- Fat: 34.3g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe