Salmon with Kumara Salad and Caper Aioli
Salmon and capers are a match made in heaven!
My Gluten Free Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Gluten Free Food Bag on 26 March 2017.
- 600g red kumara, diced 2cm
- 1-2 spring onions *
- 1 capsicum
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 200g green beans
- 2 tablespoons GF caper aioli (optional, adults)
- 450g salmon fillets
- Remaining caper aioli (optional, adults)
- PREHEAT oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Bring a full kettle to the boil. Preheat BBQ hot plate to medium-high (if using).
- 1 Toss kumara on prepared tray with a drizzle of oil. Season then bake for about 25 minutes, until golden and tender. Turn once during cooking. While kumara cooks, thinly slice spring onions. Remove core and seeds from capsicum and thinly slice. Set both aside in a large bowl with baby spinach.
- 2 Trim ends from green beans, slice 2-3cm and place in a small, heat-proof bowl. Pour over boiling water and cover with a plate. Leave for about 5 minutes, until bright green and tender. Refresh under cold water then set aside to drain well.
- 3 Pat salmon dry with paper towels, remove any remaining scales or pin bones and cut into 4-5 pieces. Season with salt.
- 4 When kumara has about 10 minutes cook time remaining, heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook salmon, skin-side-down, for about 3 minutes, until skin is crispy. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- 5 When kumara has finished cooking, add to bowl with salad veggies, along with cooked green beans and first measure of caper aioli. Toss lightly to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- TO SERVE divide kumara salad between plates and top with a piece of salmon. Serve remaining caper aioli on the side.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2488 kj / 595 kcal
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37.0g
- Fat: 39.6g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe