Greek Lamb with Marinated Cauliflower, Kumara and Rocket Salad
A simple meal with delicious Greek flavours.
My Classic For 2 Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic For 2 Food Bag on Sunday, April 30, 2017.
MARINATED CAULIFLOWER AND KUMARA
- 400g orange kumara, scrubbed and diced 2cm
- ¼ head cauliflower, cut into very small florets
- ½-1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of ½ lemon *
- Juice of ¼ lemon *
- 1½ teaspoons Greek spice mix
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 300g lamb rump steaks (at room temperature)
- ½-1 teaspoon Greek spice mix
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- ½ Lebanese cucumber
- ½ bag rocket leaves *
- 1½ teaspoons mayonnaise
- Juice of ¼ lemon *
- PREHEAT oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Bring a full kettle to the boil.
- 1 Toss kumara on prepared tray with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for about 18 minutes, until tender. While kumara cooks, place cauliflower in a medium, heatproof, bowl with a pinch of salt and cover with boiling water.
- 2 Cover cauliflower with a lid and leave to cook for 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain well and return to bowl with garlic, lemon zest and juice, first measure of Greek spice mix, salt, olive oil and vinegar. Mix well and set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- 3 While cauliflower marinates, pat lamb dry with paper towels, sprinkle with second measure of Greek spice mix and season with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium frypan on high heat. Cook lamb for 2-3 minutes each side for medium-rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking.
- 4 Set lamb aside, covered with foil, to rest for 3-4 minutes, before slicing thickly against the grain. Once kumara is cooked, toss with marinated cauliflower.
- 5 While lamb is resting, cut cherry tomatoes in half and dice cucumber 2cm. Toss in a medium bowl with all remaining rocket salad ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- TO SERVE divide marinated cauliflower and kumara between plates and top with slices of Greek lamb and a handful of rocket salad.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2345 kj / 560 kcal
- Protein: 25.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38.7g
- Fat: 33.1g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe