Beetroot-Glazed Chicken with Quinoa Salad and Spiced Peanuts
A quick meal, packed with flavour.
My Gourmet Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Gourmet Food Bag on Sunday, 30 April 2017.
- ½ cup red quinoa
- 1 courgette
- 1 apple
- 1 carrot
- 100g coriander and ginger pesto
- 300g chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon chicken spice mix
- 1 pack precooked baby beetroot
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 40g Mexican spicy peanuts
- BRING a small pot of salted water to the boil.
- 1 Cook quinoa in pot of boiling water for 14 minutes, until tender. Drain well in a sieve.
- 2 Pat chicken dry with paper towels then place on a plate. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and chicken spice mix to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3 Cut beetroot into 2cm-thick wedges and set aside. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat.
- 4 Cook chicken in pan for 2-3 minutes each side, until just cooked. Add beetroot and honey then reduce heat to low and cook a further 2 minutes to warm beetroot. Shake pan to coat chicken and beetroot with honey. Remove pan from heat and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- 5 Grate courgette, apple and carrot and place into a large bowl. Add coriander and ginger pesto and drained quinoa. Mix to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper. Peel cucumber into long, thin ribbons, stopping when you reach the core (discard core).
- TO SERVE divide quinoa salad between plates and top with beetroot-glazed chicken, cucumber and peanuts.
- SERVES 3
- Energy: 2512 kj / 600 kcal
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36.5g
- Fat: 36.6g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe