Sumac Chicken with Pomegranate Roasted Pumpkin Bake
Pomegranate and sumac vinaigrette is the perfect accompaniment to the dish.
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, April 30, 2017.
POMEGRANATE ROASTED PUMPKIN BAKE
- 1 bag chopped pumpkin, diced 2cm
- ½ red onion, cut into 1cm-thick wedges *
- ½ pottle pomegranate and sumac vinaigrette
- ½ head broccoli
- 1 sweet Palermo capsicum
- 1 bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 pack chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons sumac spice mix
- Remaining pomegranate and sumac vinaigrette (optional, adults)
- 1 pottle natural yoghurt
- 1 pack toasted walnuts
- PREHEAT oven to 230°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat a roasting tray.
- 1 Toss pumpkin, red onion and first measure of pomegranate and sumac vinaigrette on prepared oven tray with a drizzle of oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10–12 minutes (near the bottom of the oven), until almost tender.
- 2 Pat chicken dry, toss in a medium bowl with sumac spice mix and a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place chicken on preheated roasting tray and roast (on top rack of oven) for about 5 minutes. Turn oven to high grill and grill for about 3 minutes, or until cooked through and golden. Set aside, covered in foil, to rest.
- 3 While pumpkin and chicken roast, cut broccoli into medium florets and dice stalk 2cm. Remove core and seeds from capsicum and slice into 1.5cmthick rounds.
- 4 When pumpkin has finished cooking, remove from oven and toss through broccoli and capsicum. Return tray to top rack of oven and grill for about 10 minutes, until veggies are tender. Turn once during cooking. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 5 When veggies have about 5 minutes cook time remaining, pull sumac chicken roughly using two forks. Add pulled chicken and baby spinach leaves to tray with veggies and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- TO SERVE divide sumac chicken and pomegranate roasted pumpkin bake between plates and drizzle over remaining sumac pomegranate vinaigrette (if using), and yoghurt. Sprinkle over walnuts.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2304 kj / 551 kcal
- Protein: 31.2g
- Carbohydrate: 19.0g
- Fat: 38.2g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe