Chorizo, Apple and Feta Pizzas with Chrunchy Salad
Juicy with fun textures and flavour combinations, the kids will love!
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on Sunday, May 28, 2017.
CHORIZO, APPLE AND FETA PIZZAS
- 3 wholemeal pizza bases
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 1½ cups grated Colby cheese *
- 1 capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, diced 1cm
- ¾ red onion, thinly sliced (optional, adults)
- 300g chorizo grind
- 100g feta cheese *
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice *
- ½ iceberg lettuce *
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- PREHEAT oven to 220°C. Preheat two oven trays (or pizza stones if you have them).
- 1 Lay two sheets of baking paper on the bench. Cut one pizza base in half. Place one and a half bases on each sheet of baking paper. Evenly spread pizza sauce over and sprinkle with cheese.
- 2 Top pizzas with capsicum, apple and red onion (if using). Use clean hands to grab small portions of chorizo grind and place evenly over pizzas. Crumble over feta cheese.
- 3 Carefully lift baking paper, with pizza on top, and place onto preheated tray (or stones). Carefully slide baking paper away (use a fish slice to help with this). Cook pizzas for 12-14 minutes, until the bases are crisp and golden around the edges. Swap and turn trays halfway, to ensure even cooking.
- 4 While pizzas are cooking, mix oil and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Finely chop lettuce and cut cucumber into quarters lengthways then thinly slice. Add both to bowl with dressing and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- TO SERVE slice pizzas into wedges and divide between plates. Serve crunchy salad on the side.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2662 kj / 636 kcal
- Protein: 29.5g
- Carbohydrate: 49.5g
- Fat: 34.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe