LSA-Crumbed Chicken with Smoky Tomato Dipping Sauce
LSA is a great alternative to using breadcrumbs, with loads of extra protein.
My Gluten-Free Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Gluten-Free Food Bag on Sunday, May 28, 2017.
ROASTED KUMARA AND BROCCOLI
- 600g orange kumara, scrubbed and diced 2cm
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 courgette, sliced 1.5cm
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves and stalks *
SMOKY TOMATO DIPPING SAUCE
- 3 teaspoons butter
- ½ brown onion, finely diced or grated
- ½ teaspoon GF smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (e.g. white wine, rice wine)
- ¼ cup GF tomato sauce
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon GF Worcestershire sauce or GF soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 550g chicken breasts
- ½ cup GF flour seasoned with ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup GF LSA
- PREHEAT oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 1 Toss kumara with a drizzle of olive oil on prepared tray, season with salt and pepper and roast for about 15 minutes. Remove tray from oven, toss through broccoli and courgette and roast a further 8 minutes, until broccoli is just cooked and kumara is tender.
- 2 While kumara is roasting, melt butter in a small pot on low heat. Add onion and smoked paprika and cook for 3-4 minutes, until onion is soft. Add vinegar, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire/soy sauce and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- 3 While sauce is cooking, prepare the chicken. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and cut into steaks. To do this, place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and use a knife to slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks.
- 4 Place seasoned flour into a shallow bowl, whisk egg with milk in a second bowl and place LSA into a third bowl. Coat chicken first in flour, then egg, then lightly coat in LSA, shaking off excess as you go.
- 5 Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large fry-pan on a low-medium heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Season with salt and set aside to rest for about 3 minutes, before slicing thickly. Remove veggies from oven and gently toss through spinach and parsley.
- TO SERVE divide roasted kumara and broccoli between plates and top with slices of LSA-crumbed chicken. Serve a dollop of smoky tomato dipping sauce on the side.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2247 kj / 537 kcal
- Protein: 39.6g
- Carbohydrate: 52.2g
- Fat: 18.4g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe