With spiced carrots, capsicum and spinach.
Fresh Start Lite 20
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 20 on Sunday, May 28, 2017.
SPICED CARROTS, CAPSICUM AND SPINACH
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 carrots, cut in half lengthways and thinly sliced
- 1 capsicum, core and seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, cut into 1cm-thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon cumin coriander spice mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil, for roasting (or use spray oil)
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 600g chicken breast steaks
- 2–3 teaspoons ras el hanout
- 1 teaspoon oil, for cooking (or use spray oil
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 2–3 tablespoons coriander leaves and stalks
- ½ clove garlic (optional)
- 25g sliced almonds
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- PREHEAT oven to 220°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper (one with a lip).
- 1 Pat chickpeas dry with paper towels. Toss chickpeas, carrots, capsicum and onion with cumin coriander spice mix, salt and oil on first prepared tray (with a lip). Roast for about 22 minutes, until cooked through. Toss once during cooking.
- 2 While vegetables are cooking, pat chicken dry with paper towels. Season with salt, coat in ras el hanout and oil and place on second prepared tray, in a single layer.
- 3 When vegetables have about 10 minutes cook time remaining, bake chicken (on oven rack below vegetables) for 6–8 minutes (depending on thickness), until cooked through. Remove tray from oven and set aside to rest, covered in foil, for 2–3 minutes.
- 4 While chicken and vegetables cook, finely chop coriander leaves and stalks and mince garlic (if using). In a small bowl, combine all coriander yoghurt ingredients together and mix well. Set aside.
- 5 Remove roasted vegetables and chickpeas from oven, toss through spinach and lemon zest an juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Slice chicken on an angle.
- TO SERVE divide spiced carrots, capsicum and rocket between plates, along with Moroccan chicken. Dollop over coriander yoghurt, garnish with almonds and squeeze over lemon juice just before serving.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1644 kj / 393 kcal
- Protein: 45.0g
- Carbohydrate: 14.7g
- Fat: 12.7g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe