Slow Cooked Lamb Tagine with Carrot Couscous
We've taken all the hard work out for you with this slow cooked meal, ready in less than 30 minutes!
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, July 23, 2017.
SLOW COOKED LAMB TAGINE WITH CARROT COUSCOUS
- 1 lamb tagine, do not remove plastic seal
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup water
- 1 pack couscous
- 1 carrot
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Drizzle of vinegar (e.g. white wine, red wine)
- PREHEAT oven to 220°C.
- 1 Place lamb tagine on a baking tray (with plastic seal still on) and bake for about 25 minutes, until heated through. Peel away plastic seal. If lamb tagine is not hot in the middle, return to oven for a further 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2 Bring stock and water to the boil in a medium pot on high heat. Once boiling, turn off heat, add couscous and a pinch of salt. Stir, cover and leave for 5 minutes, then fluff up grains with a fork.
- 3 Grate carrot and add to pot with couscous along with olive oil and vinegar. Toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- TO SERVE, divide carrot couscous between bowls and top with lamb tagine.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2381 kj / 569 kcal
- Protein: 45.2g
- Carbohydrate: 56.6g
- Fat: 18.3g
- Pantry staple