Chicche Di Patate Beef Ragù
Your little foodies will love how easy these delicious morsels are to eat.
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on Sunday, July 23, 2017.
CHICCHE DI PATATE BEEF RAGÙ
- 1 brown onion, finely diced or grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 4 teaspoons ragù spice mix
- 450g beef mince
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 cup beef or chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 70g tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tomato sauce
- 500g chicche di patate
- ½ block finely grated Parmesan cheese *
- BRING a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
- 1 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat and cook onion, garlic, carrot and celery for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Add ragù spice mix and beef mince and cook a further 3 minutes, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- 2 Add courgette, stock, canned tomatoes, tomato paste and salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and simmer a further 6-8 minutes, until thickened. Stir through sugar, balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce.
- 3 When beef ragù has 3 minutes cook time remaining, cook chicche de patate in pot of boiling water for 2 minutes, until it floats to the surface and is just tender. Reserve ½ cup pasta water, then drain.
- 4 Toss cooked chicche de patate through beef ragù. Add ¼-½ cup reserved pasta water if sauce is too thick. Season to taste with pepper, and salt if needed.
- TO SERVE, spoon chicche di patate beef ragù into bowls and sprinkle over Parmesan cheese.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2195 kj / 525 kcal
- Protein: 30.1g
- Carbohydrate: 45.4g
- Fat: 21.9g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe