Garlic Butter Fish with Parsnip Mash and Winter Slaw
Fish with paired with the delicious flavours of Garlic Butter.
My Classic food bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic food bag on Sunday, August 20, 2017.
- 400g potatoes, peeled and diced 2cm
- 200g peeled pumpkin, diced 2cm
- 2 parsnips, diced 2cm
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup milk
GARLIC BUTTER FISH
- 600g fish fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves and stalks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 baby bok choy, end trimmed 1cm and finely sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 100g Brussels sprouts, woody end trimmed, cut in half lengthways and finely sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- PREHEAT oven to 220°C. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Bring a full kettle of water to the boil.
- 1 Cook potatoes, pumpkin and parsnips in pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes, until tender. Drain, return to pot and mash with butter and milk, until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside, covered, to keep warm.
- 2 While pumpkin cooks, pat fish dry with paper towels and remove any remaining scales or bones. Cut any larger pieces in half and place on prepared tray. Mix together remaining garlic butter fish ingredients in a shallow bowl and season with pepper.
- 3 Evenly sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over fish and press down lightly with fingertips to form a crust. Bake for 7-8 minutes, until fish is cooked through and crust is golden.
- 4 While fish cooks, place bok choy in a large, heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water for about 30 seconds. Drain well and return to bowl, along with carrots and Brussels sprouts. In a shallow bowl, combine sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
- 5 Toss 2-3 tablespoons of sweet chilli sour cream with veggies and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve remaining sour cream to serve.
- TO SERVE, scoop parsnip mash onto plates and top with garlic butter fish. Dollop with remaining sour cream and serve winter slaw to the side.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 1986 kj / 475 kcal
- Protein: 37.8g
- Carbohydrate: 48.4g
- Fat: 20.3g
- Pantry staple