Dill Baked Salmon
With cumin roast vegetable and sauerkraut salad
Fresh Start Lite 10
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 10 on Sunday, August 20, 2017.
CUMIN ROAST VEGETABLE AND SAUERKRAUT SALAD
- ½ head broccoli, cut into small florets and stalk diced 1cm *
- ¼ head cauliflower, cut into small florets and stalk diced 1cm *
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced *
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1½ teaspoons cumin mix
- ½ teaspoon oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
- ½ bag baby silverbeet leaves *
- 50g Living Goodness Sassy Sauerkraut
- Zest and juice of ¼ orange
- 250g skinless salmon fillet
- 1½ teaspoons dill leaves
- Juice of ¼ orange (reserve zest first)
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard ▲
- 1-2 sprigs dill (optional)
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line two lipped oven trays with baking paper.
- 1 Toss broccoli, cauliflower, onion, salt, garlic, ginger, cumin mix, and oil together on first prepared tray. Season with pepper and roast for 18-20 minutes, until cooked through. Toss once during cooking.
- 2 While vegetables are roasting, pat salmon dry with paper towels and remove any remaining pin bones. Cut lengthways into 2 pieces, place on prepared tray and season with salt and pepper. Finely chop dill and combine in a small bowl with orange juice (reserve zest first and set aside) and mustard, and mix well.
- 3 Evenly spread dill mixture over salmon pieces. When vegetables have about 8 minutes cook time remaining, bake salmon (on upper oven rack) for 5-8 minutes (for medium-rare), or until cooked to your liking
- 4 Thinly slice baby silverbeet and place in a medium bowl, along with sauerkraut.
- 5 Toss cooked vegetables in bowl with silverbeet, sauerkraut and orange zest and juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- TO SERVE spoon cumin roast vegetable and sauerkraut salad onto plates. Flake pieces of dill-baked salmon over top. Garnish with dill.
- SERVES 2
- Energy: 1878 kj / 449 kcal
- Protein: 29.4g
- Carbohydrate: 10.2g
- Fat: 31.5g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe