Lemon Fish and Bulgur Salad with Caper Dressing
Leave the caper dressing on the side for small children or fussier eaters.
My Classic food bag
This dish will appear in My Classic food bag on Sunday, September 24, 2017.
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 cups frozen corn
- ½ bunch radishes
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (e.g. red wine, white wine, cider)
- 600g fish fillets
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup flour, seasoned with ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 30g capers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley leaves and stalks
- 1 Bring stock, water and a pinch of salt to the boil in a small pot (with a lid) on high heat. Once boiling, turn off heat, add bulgur, stir, cover and leave for 18–20 minutes, until grains are tender. Cook corn in pot of boiling water for about 1 minute then drain.
- 2 Pat fish dry, remove any remaining scales or bones and cut any larger fillets in half. Season with pepper and toss in a bowl with lemon zest and seasoned flour. Thinly slice radishes. Set aside in a bowl with cooked corn and spinach.
- 3 Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook fish, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side (depending on thickness), until just cooked through. Add more oil between batches if needed. Set aside, covered with foil, to keep warm.
- 4 While fish cooks, roughly chop capers. Add to a small bowl with all remaining caper dressing ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix to combine. Set aside.
- 5 Fluff up cooked bulgur grains with a fork and add to bowl with salad ingredients. Add oil and vinegar, season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- 6 To serve, divide bulgur salad between plates and top with lemon fish. Drizzle over caper dressing.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 1823 kj / 436 kcal
- Protein: 34.4g
- Carbohydrate: 37.9g
- Fat: 14.6g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe