Loaded Wedges with Bacon, Corn Salsa and Sour Cream
If you prefer, before you add the veggies to the cooked mixture, set some aside and serve these fresh on the side of your loaded wedges.
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on Sunday, October 22, 2017.
- 600g potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons Mexican spice mix
- ¾ cup grated cheese *
Bacon and Corn Salsa
- 250g short cut bacon, diced 1cm
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons Mexican spice mix
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 spring onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ bag baby spinach leaves *
- 2 spring onions, green part only *
- ½ tub sour cream *
- 1 Preheat oven to 230°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Slice potatoes into 1.5cm-thick wedges and toss on prepared tray with oil and first measure of Mexican spice mix. Season with salt then roast for 25-30 minutes, until golden and crispy. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 While wedges cook, heat a small drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook bacon for about 4 minutes, until browned. Add garlic and second measure of Mexican spice mix and cook for 1 minute.
- 3 Add corn and white part of spring onions, and cook for a further 1 minute, until corn is heated through. Add mixture to a large bowl and set aside.
- 4 Finely dice tomatoes; thinly slice baby spinach; thinly slice green part of spring onions. Add all to bowl with cooked veggies and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5 When wedges have finished cooking, remove tray from oven and turn oven grill to high. Divide wedges into 4-5 groups and top with bacon and corn salsa. Sprinkle over cheese then grill for 2-3 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- 6 To serve, scoop loaded wedges into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 1855 kj / 443 kcal
- Protein: 22.0g
- Carbohydrate: 32.3g
- Fat: 24.4g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe