Roast Potato Salad with Chicken Kebabs
Alternatively, cook chicken kebabs on BBQ hot plate/grill for about 3 minutes on all four sides until golden and cooked through.
My Family Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Family Food Bag on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger *
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 550g chicken thighs, diced 2cm
- 10 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 5 minutes
Roast Potato Salad
- 600g potatoes, diced 2cm
- 1 cup frozen corn *
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teapoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 capsicum
- ½ bag baby spinach *
- 1 Preheat oven to 230°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat BBQ hot plate/grill to medium-high heat (if using). Combine all chicken ingredients (except chicken and skewers) in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat well. Leave to marinate while you prepare the vegetables.
- 2 Toss potatoes with a drizzle of oil on prepared tray and season with salt. Cook for about 20 minutes, turning once to ensure even cooking. Add corn and cook for a further 5 minutes, until potatoes are golden and tender.
- 3 In a large bowl mix mayonnaise, and mustard. Thinly slice capsicum and add, along with spinach to bowl with mayonnaise mix. Set aside.
- 4 Thread chicken onto skewers. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes on all four sides until golden and cooked through.
- 5 Toss cooked potatoes and corn through with mayonnaise mix and season to taste (see tip for little foodies).
- 6 To serve, divide roast potato salad between plates. Top with chicken kebabs.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 1949 kj / 466 kcal
- Protein: 26.7g
- Carbohydrate: 31.5g
- Fat: 25.4g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe