Smokin’ Mexican Chicken Taco with Corn and Avocado Salsa
Alternatively, use BBQ grill or hot plate to cook chicken. Cook for about 2 minutes each side for medium-rare.
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
Corn and Avocado Salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ avocado *
- ½ tomato *
- ¼ red onion *
- bag baby spinach *
- Zest and juice of ½ lime *
Smokin’ Mexican Chicken
- 300g chicken thighs
- 2½ teaspoons Nadia’s Smokin’ Mexican rub
- 4 tortillas
- 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Preheat BBQ hot plate or grill to high (if using). Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium, fry-pan on mediumhigh heat. Add corn and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until charred and tender. Remove and reserve pan. While corn cooks, pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with Nadia’s Smokin’ Mexican rub. Set aside.
- 2 Prepare rest of salsa. In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork; dice tomato 1cm; finely dice red onion; very thinly slice spinach.
- 3 Add to bowl with avocado, along with corn and lime. Drizzle corn and avocado salsa with olive oil, toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4 Heat a drizzle of oil in reserved pan on medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 3 minutes each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked through. Set aside, covered with foil, to rest for 2-3 minutes. Slice thickly.
- 5 Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in oven for 5 minutes. Combine all chipotle sour cream ingredients together in a small bowl.
- 6 To serve, place two tortillas onto each plate, spread with chipotle sour cream and top with corn and avocado salsa. Add smokin’ Mexican chicken.
- SERVES 2
- Energy: 2811 kj / 672 kcal
- Protein: 30.3g
- Carbohydrate: 45.8g
- Fat: 39.3g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe