Salsa Verde Fish
With lemon kumara wedges and tomato salad
Fresh Start Lite 10
This dish will appear in Fresh Start Lite 10 on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
LEMON KUMARA WEDGES
- 200g red kumara
- ¾ teaspoon oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
- 1½ teaspoons water
- Zest of ¼ lemon *
TOMATO SALAD DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1½ teaspoons parsley caper dressing
- ½ teaspoon mustard (e.g. wholegrain, Dijon)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon vinegar (e.g. red wine, white wine, cider)
- Juice of ¼ lemon *
- 1/8 red onion *
- 1 tomato
- ½ carrot
- ½ courgette *
- 50g baby silverbeet *
SALSA VERDE FISH
- 300g fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon parsley caper dressing
- ¼ lemon, cut into wedges *
- 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line two oven trays (one with a lip) with baking paper. Prepare lemon. Cut kumara into 1.5cm wedges. Toss with oil, water and lemon zest on first prepared tray (without a lip) and season. Roast on the middle shelf for 20-22 minutes, turning once until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- 2 While kumara roasts, mix all tomato salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and season to taste.
- 3 Prepare tomato salad. Very thinly slice onion; dice tomato 1-2cm; peel carrot and courgette into ribbons and thinly slice cores. Add all to a large bowl along with silverbeet.
- 4 Pat fish dry and remove any remaining scales or bones. Cut any larger fillets in half, season and place on second prepared tray. Evenly divide parsley caper dressing between each fillet and spread to coat. When kumara has about 9 minutes cooking time remaining, bake fish on rack above kumara for 5-7 minutes until just cooked through. Set aside, covered, to rest for 1-2 minutes.
- 5 Pour tomato salad dressing into large bowl containing tomato salad. Toss well to coat and season to taste.
- 6 TO SERVE divide tomato salad and lemon kumara wedges between plates. Top with salsa verde fish, drizzle over any resting juices and squeeze over lemon wedges.
- SERVES 2
- Energy: 1543 kj / 369 kcal
- Protein: 35.1g
- Carbohydrate: 30.2g
- Fat: 10.9g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe