Pistachio Crusted Beef Schnitzel with Asparagus and Bulgur
Alternatively, cook schnitzel and asparagus un the BBQ hot plate for 2-3 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
My Classic food bag
This dish will appear in My Classic food bag on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- ½ red onion *
- 2 carrots
- 2-3 tablespoons coriander leaves and stalks *
- 1 capsicum
- 250g asparagus
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Pistachio Crusted Beef Schnitzel
- 600g beef schnitzel (at room temperature)
- ¼ cup flour, seasoned with 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, whisked with 2 tablespoons milk
- 130g pistachio crust
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 125g sour cream
- 1 Bring a full kettle to the boil. Preheat BBQ hot plate to medium-high (if using). Add bulgur, boiling water and a pinch of salt to a medium, heat-proof bowl. Cover and leave to soak for about 15 minutes, until grains are tender. Drain, rinse and drain well again.
- 2 While bulgur is soaking, pat schnitzel dry and cut any larger pieces in half. Place seasoned flour, egg mixture and pistachio crust into separate bowls. Coat each piece of schnitzels first in flour, then egg mixture, then crust, shaking off excess as you go. Set aside.
- 3 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on mediumhigh and cook schnitzel for 1-2 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Reserve pan.
- 4 While schnitzel cooks, prepare veggies. Finely dice red onion; grate carrots; roughly chop coriander; thinly slice capsicum. Toss cooked, drained bulgur with veggies and a drizzle of oil in a large bowl. Season to taste.
- 5 Wipe out reserved pan and return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. Sauté asparagus for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Add balsamic vinegar and toss for about 30 seconds. Season. Combine sweet chilli and sour cream in a small bowl, if desired.
- 6 To serve, spoon bulgur onto plates and top with pistachio crusted beef schnitzel. Serve asparagus on the side and dollop with sweet chilli sour cream.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2230 kj / 533 kcal
- Protein: 44.8g
- Carbohydrate: 46.4g
- Fat: 21.2g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe