with cauliflower tabbouleh and baba ganoush
Fresh Start Lite 10
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 10 on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
- ¼ red onion, finely diced *
- 250g ground lamb
- 1½-2 teaspoons lamb spice mix
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
- 125g frozen peas
- ¼ red onion *
- ½ capsicum *
- ½ teaspoon oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
- ½ bag cauli pearls
- 1 teaspoon tabbouleh spice mix
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves and stalks *
- 1-2 tablespoons coriander leaves and stalks *
- 1 sachet pomegranate vinaigrette
- Zest and juice of ¼ lemon *
- 1/8 teaspoon honey (optional)
- ¼ cos lettuce *
- 40g baba ganoush
- ¼ lemon, cut into wedges *
- 1 Preheat oven grill to high. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Set aside a medium fry-pan (with a lid). Prepare onion and lemon. Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate to medium-high (if using).
- 2 In a bowl combine all lamb kofta ingredients (except oil) and mix well. Using damp hands, shape mixture into golf ball-size balls then flatten slightly into kofta, about 1.5cm-thick.
- 3 Place kofta on prepared tray and brush with oil (or spray). Grill (on second-highest oven rack) for about 4 minutes. Flip kofta and continue to grill for 4-6 minutes, until cooked through. Set aside, covered, to rest. Alternatively, cook on BBQ.
- 4 Cook peas in pot of boiling water for 1-2 minutes, until tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and leave to drain.
- 5 While kofta and peas cook, thinly slice onion and dice capsicum 1cm. Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat and cook onion with a pinch of salt for 2-3 minutes, until starting to soften. Add capsicum, cauli pearls, tabbouleh spice mix and a pinch of salt to pan and stir. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low-medium and cook for 5-6 minutes, until cauli pearls are tender. Stir once.
- 6 Finely chop parsley and coriander and tear cos into bite-size pieces. Set aside separately. Place cooked vegetables in a bowl, along with all remaining cauliflower tabbouleh ingredients. Season to taste.
- To serve Divide lettuce between plates and spoon over cauliflower tabbouleh. Top with lamb kofta and drizzle over baba ganoush. Squeeze over lemon.
- SERVES 2
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe