Lemongrass Beef and Vermicelli Salad
Preparing all your veggies before you start makes it easier to cook your way through tonight’s salad.
My Classic For 2 Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Classic For 2 Food Bag on Sunday, January 21, 2018.
- 300g beef mince
- 25g lemongrass paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ brown onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- ½ capsicum, thinly sliced *
- 1 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Asian mint dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Bring a full kettle to the boil. Prepare your veggies. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on high heat and cook mince for 4-5 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks, until browned.
- 2 Add lemongrass paste, salt and onion and cook a further 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- 3 Add stock, soy sauce, fish sauce and bok choy. Toss and cook for about 1 minute, until bok choy is just wilted. Season to taste.
- 4 While mince is cooking, place vermicelli in a medium, heat-proof bowl, cover with boiling water and use a fork to separate strands. Leave for 5 minutes then drain. Toss with sesame oil and cut with kitchen scissors in a few places to make them easier to eat.
- 5 Whisk together all Asian mint dressing ingredients in a small bowl until sugar has dissolved.
- 6 To serve, divide vermicelli noodles between bowls and top with lemongrass beef, capsicum and carrot. Drizzle with Asian mint dressing.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2309 kj / 552 kcal
- Protein: 25.7g
- Carbohydrate: 40.5g
- Fat: 32.4g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe