Pomegranate Glazed Salmon with Dill Crème
Watch that the pomegranate molasses doesn’t burn when grilling salmon. Salmon is best cooked medium rare, blush pink on the inside. Keep salmon and potato salad plain for little foodies.
My Express Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, January 21, 2018.
- 1 bag potatoes, cut in half lengthways
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag green beans, sliced 1cm
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (e.g. white wine, red wine or cider)
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 celery stick *
- 1-2 spring onions *
- 1 courgette
Pomegranate Glazed Salmon
- 1 pack salmon fillet
- 1 sachet pomegranate molasses (optional)
Picked Red Onion
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced *
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 pottle dill crème
- 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Bring a full kettle to the boil. Line an oven tray (with a lip) with baking paper. Place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with boiling water, add salt and cook for 12-15 minutes until just tender. In the last 2 minutes, add green beans and cook until bright green and tender.
- 2 Drain well, return to pot and toss with vinegar, mustard, oil and season.
- 3 Pat salmon dry and remove any remaining scales and pin bones. Place on prepared tray, flesh-side-up and evenly spread with pomegranate molasses (if using) and season. Bake for about 10 minutes, then turn oven to high grill for 2 minutes (depending on thickness) until cooked through and starting to caramelise.
- 4 While salmon cooks, thinly slice red onion and add to a small pot with vinegar and sugar, stir to coat and bring to the boil on medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- 5 Thinly slice celery and spring onion; peel courgette into ribbons. Add all to a medium bowl along with cooked potatoes and beans and season. Flake salmon away from the skin, into pieces and season with salt.
- 6 To serve, divide potato salad between plates, top with pomegranate glazed salmon flakes and some pickled red onion. Dollop over dill crème.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 2558 kj / 611 kcal
- Protein: 28.7g
- Carbohydrate: 28.4g
- Fat: 40.2g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe