Citrus Chicken with Cauliflower Tabbouleh and Hummonnaise
Alternatively, cook chicken on BBQ grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side (depending on thickness) until cooked through.
My Gourmet Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Gourmet Food Bag on Sunday, January 21, 2018.
- ½ cauliflower, finely diced or grated until you have about 2 cups
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon citrus chicken spice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 25g walnuts
- 20g currants
- 1 watermelon radish, cut into matchsticks
- ½ bag rocket *
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 300g chicken breast
- 1½ teaspoons citrus chicken spice
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon *
- 50g hummus
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon picked mint leaves
- 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Prepare vegetables. Preheat BBQ grill to high (if using). Prepare vegetables. Toss cauliflower, chickpeas and first measure of citrus chicken spice on prepared tray with a drizzle of oil. Season and roast in oven for about 25 minutes until golden. Toss half way through cooking.
- 2 Pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. To do this, place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. Season and place in a bowl along with second measure of citrus chicken spice and zest and juice of lemon.
- 3 Combine oil, mustard and vinegar in a large bowl and set aside. Mix hummonnaise ingredients together in a small bowl. Season and set aside for serving.
- 4 When cauliflower has 10 minutes cook time remaining, heat a drizzle of oil in a medium fry-pan on mediumhigh heat. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side (depending on thickness) or until cooked through. Set aside to rest, covered, for about 4 minutes before slicing thickly against the grain.
- 5 When cauliflower has 5 minutes cook time remaining add walnuts to tray to toast. When cauliflower has finished cooking, remove from oven and add to large bowl along with currants, radish, rocket and mint leaves. Toss to combine and season to taste.
- 6 To serve, divide hummonnaise between plates and spread out. Top with cauliflower tabbouleh and slices of citrus chicken. Sprinkle over mint leaves.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2486 kj / 594 kcal
- Protein: 41.8g
- Carbohydrate: 25.4g
- Fat: 36.0g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe