Lamb Leg Steaks with Veggie Couscous and Tomato Pesto Mayo
If using BBQ, cook lamb for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Continue to cook for 15–25 minutes, turning every 4–5 minutes until medium (depending on thickness).
My Family Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Family Food Bag on Sunday, February 25, 2018.
- 1 capsicum, diced 1cm
- 1 carrot, diced 1cm
- 1 courgette, diced 1cm
- 1 broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan spice mix
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
Lamb Leg Steaks
- 550g lamb leg steaks (at room temperature)
- 1½ teaspoons Moroccan spice mix
Tomato Pesto Mayo
- ¼ cup mayo
- 100g tomato pesto
- 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper. Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate to medium (if using). Prepare veggies. Toss capsicum and carrot with a drizzle of oil on first prepared tray and season. Roast for 10 minutes, then add courgette and broccoli and cook a further 10 minutes until tender and starting to caramelise.
- 2 While veggies cook, pat lamb dry, coat in second measure of Moroccan spice mix and season. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on high heat (or use BBQ). Cook for 2 minutes each side, until browned.
- 3 Transfer lamb to second prepared tray and roast (on rack below veggies) for 8-10 minutes, for medium (depending on thickness), or cooked to your liking. Set aside, covered, to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- 4 Bring stock and first measure of Moroccan spice mix, with a pinch of salt to the boil in a medium pot. Add couscous, stir, cover then remove from heat and leave to steam for 5 minutes. Fluff up grains with a fork, stir through butter and season. Toss roasted veggies through couscous.
- 5 In a small bowl, mix mayo and tomato pesto.
- 6 To serve, divide veggie couscous and sliced lamb between plates and dollop with tomato pesto mayo.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2746 kj / 656 kcal
- Protein: 32.3g
- Carbohydrate: 29.9g
- Fat: 44.9g
- Pantry staple