Beef Summer Panzanella
Alternatively, use BBQ hot plate or grill to cook cucumber and beef.
My Express Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Express Food Bag on Sunday, February 25, 2018.
- 1 pack kumara
- ½ red onion, sliced 1cm
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Italian rub
- ½ bag baby spinach *
- ½ bag radishes *
- 2 tomatoes
- ¼-½ telegraph cucumber *
- 3 tablespoons picked basil leaves
- ½-1 sachet raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 pack beef rump steak (at room temperature)
- 1 pottle tomato pesto
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Preheat oven to 230°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat BBQ hot plate or grill to high (if using). Toss kumara and onion with honey, Italian rub and a drizzle of olive oil on prepared tray. Season and bake (on second highest rack) for 15-20 minutes until tender. Turn once during cooking. Turn oven to high grill and cook a further 3-5 minutes, until caramelised.
- 2 While kumara cooks, prepare rest of summer panzanella. Roughly chop spinach; thinly slice radishes; dice tomatoes 1cm. Add all to a large bowl and set aside.
- 3 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on high heat. Cut cucumber into 1cm rounds and cook for about 2 minutes each side until golden. Set aside to cool. Return pan to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- 4 Pat beef dry and season. Cook for 2–3 minutes each side for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Set aside, covered, to rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing thickly against the grain.
- 5 Add cooked kumara and onion to bowl with veggies along with basil leaves, raspberry vinaigrette and cucumber and season. In a small bowl, mix together tomato pesto and mayonnaise.
- 6 To serve, divide summer panzanella between plates and top with beef and a dollop of tomato pesto mayonnaise.
- SERVES 5
- Energy: 2353 kj / 562 kcal
- Protein: 27.6g
- Carbohydrate: 40.5g
- Fat: 31.2g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe