Coppa Di Parma Salad with Mozzarella, Ciabatta and Basil
Alternatively, cook bread and courgette on BBQ. Cook bread for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Cook courgette for 2-3 minutes each side until golden and tender.
My Gourmet Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Gourmet Food Bag on Sunday, February 25, 2018.
- 2 ciabatta loaves
- 1 courgette
- 2 tablespoons tomato pesto
- 100g mozzarella cheese
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ bag rocket *
- 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 60g Coppa Di Parma
- 3 tablespoons picked basil leaves *
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 Preheat grill to high. Preheat BBQ grill to high (if using). Slice ciabatta into 1cm-thick slices. Brush with olive oil and set aside.
- 2 Slice capsicum into 8 wedges lengthways, brush with olive oil and season. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large (preferably grill) fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook capsicum for 3-4 minutes each side, until charred and tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- 3 Grill bread on upper-middle rack of oven for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden. Spread over tomato pesto and set aside.
- 4 Cut mozzarella and tomatoes into 1cm wedges (about 8 wedges). Place rocket in a large bowl with cooled capsicum and set aside.
- 5 Add vinegar and olive oil to rocket and capsicum. Season and toss well.
- 6 To serve, build your salad on a flat plate, alternating with all the ingredients. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 1979 kj / 473 kcal
- Protein: 23.6g
- Carbohydrate: 24.7g
- Fat: 31.1g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe