Chorizo & Poppy Seed Pasta with Capsicum Sauce
Reserve pasta water, and add a little extra if your pasta becomes too dry.
My Own Food Bag
This dish most recently appeared in My Own Food Bag on Sunday, February 25, 2018.
Chorizo and Poppy Seed Pasta
- ¾-1 packet mild chorizo grind
- ½ capsicum, thinly sliced *
- 2 teaspoons pasta spice mix
- ¾-1 packet fresh poppy seed fettuccini
- 100g capsicum sauce
- ½ tomato, finely diced *
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, finely diced *
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ bag rocket *
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Prepare vegetables. Heat a medium, dry fry-pan on medium heat, toast walnuts (if using) for 1-2 minutes until lightly golden, shake pan to avoid burning. Set aside. Return pan to medium heat with a drizzle of oil and cook chorizo, capsicum and pasta spice mix for 4-5 minutes until cooked.
- 2 While chorizo cooks, combine salsa ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3 Shake pasta to separate strands and cook in pot of boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta water, then drain and return to the pot with a drizzle of oil to avoid sticking.
- 4 Add capsicum sauce and ½ cup of reserved pasta water to pan with chorizo. Cook for about 1 minute until thickened, then fold through cooked pasta and season to taste.
- 5 Combine rocket, vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil in a medium bowl and season to taste.
- 6 To serve, divide chorizo and poppy seed pasta between plates and top with a sprinkle of salsa and walnuts (if using). Serve salad on the side.
- SERVES 2
- Energy: 2899 kj / 693 kcal
- Protein: 28.6g
- Carbohydrate: 52.8g
- Fat: 38.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe