Balsamic Glazed Plums with Beetroot Lentil Salad
Use a sharp pairing knife to carefully slice around the plum and gently twist to separate. Carefully cut round the stone to remove. If they really don’t want to come out, roast plums with stone and then remove once cooked.
My Veggie Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Veggie Food Bag on Sunday, February 25, 2018.
Beetroot Lentil Salad
- 100g Puy lentils
- 2 radishes *
- 1 courgette
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ bag baby spinach *
- 20g raspberry balsamic dressing
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Balsamic Glazed Plums
- 2 plums, halved and stone removed
- 1 pack beetroot, quartered
- 2 tablespoons water
- 15g balsamic glaze
- 2 tablespoons picked purple basil leaves
- 1 Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil. Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Prepare plums and beetroot. Cook lentils in pot of boiling water for about 20 minutes until tender. Drain and run under cold tap and return to pot with a drizzle of oil.
- 2 While lentils cook, quarter radishes, peel courgette into ribbons and place in a large bowl along with feta and spinach. Set aside.
- 3 Place plums and beetroot on prepared tray flesh-sideup and drizzle over water and balsamic glaze. Roast in oven for 10-12 minutes (depending on size) until plums are tender and caramelised.
- 4 Remove from oven and set aside. When cooled slightly, cut plums into quarters.
- 5 Toss cooled lentils in bowl, with spinach salad mix, raspberry balsamic dressing and vinegar. Season to taste.
- 6 To serve, divide lentil salad between plates or serve on a platter. Top with beetroot and plums. Sprinkle over purple basil.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 1780 kj / 425 kcal
- Protein: 19.7g
- Carbohydrate: 40.7g
- Fat: 20.0g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe