With spicy capsicum relish and kumara
Fresh Start Lite 20
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 20 on Sunday, March 4, 2018.
- 400g kumara
- 1½ teaspoons oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
- 1 tablespoon water
SPICY CAPSICUM RELISH
- ¼ red onion
- ½ capsicum
- 80g spicy capsicum sauce
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ capsicum
- ¼ red onion (optional)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 bag baby spinach *
- 50g date and mustard dressing
- 600g fish fillets
- 1 egg
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves, finely chopped *
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 2-3 teaspoons oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 Preheat oven to 230°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Prepare lemon and rosemary. Cut kumara into 1-2cm wedges. Toss kumara with oil and water on prepared tray, season and roast for 20-22 minutes, until lightly golden and tender. Turn once during cooking.
- 2 Make spicy capsicum relish. Finely dice red onion and dice capsicum 1cm. Add to a small bowl, along with spicy capsicum sauce, lemon juice and honey. Mix well, season and set aside.
- 3 Thinly slice remaining capsicum and red onion (if using); dice tomatoes 1-2cm; grate carrot. Add all to a large bowl, along with spinach.
- 4 Just before serving, add date and mustard dressing, toss well to combine and season.
- 5 Pat fish dry and remove any remaining scales or bones. Cut any larger fillets in half.
- 6 Whisk egg in a shallow bowl and mix breadcrumbs, rosemary, salt and lemon zest in a second shallow bowl.
- 7 Dip each piece of fish first in in egg, shaking off excess, then in breadcrumbs, turning to coat. Set aside.
- 8 Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick fry-pan on medium heat. Cook fish, in two batches, for 1-2 minutes each side (depending on thickness), until just cooked through. Reduce heat if crumb starts to burn. Use remaining oil for second batch. Season fish when cooked.
- 9 TO SERVE place salad on plates. Place herbcrumbed fish and kumara wedges on the side and spoon over spicy capsicum relish. Squeeze over lemon.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1733 kj / 414 kcal
- Protein: 37.3g
- Carbohydrate: 42.1g
- Fat: 10.0g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe