Panang Peanut Fish Curry
With super-green rice
Fresh Start Lite 20
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 20 on Sunday, March 11, 2018.
- 150g brown rice
- 250g frozen peas *
- 1/3 bag baby spinach *
PANANG PEANUT FISH CURRY
- 2 teaspoons oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger *
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1½-2 tablespoons panang peanut curry paste (depending on heat preference)
- 1¼ cups lite coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 courgette, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 600g fish fillets, patted dry, any scales or bones removed and cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 courgette
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon mint *
- 2 tablespoons coriander *
- 1-1½ teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Prepare curry ingredients. Cook rice in pot of boiling water for about 13 minutes. After 13 minutes, add peas and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, until peas are bright green and rice is tender.
- 2 Once rice and peas are cooked, drain well then return to pot and fold through spinach. Season and set aside.
- 3 While rice cooks, heat oil in a medium pot on medium heat. Cook onion, ginger and garlic with a pinch of salt, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes. Add curry paste and continue to cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- 4 Add coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce (if using) and salt. Stir to combine. Add sliced courgette and fish, ensuring fish is submerged. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fish is just cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 5 Peel second courgette and carrot into ribbons and thinly slice cores; thinly slice mint; finely chop coriander. Place all in a small bowl along with vinegar. Toss well to combine and season to taste.
- 6 TO SERVE spoon green rice into bowls and ladle over fish curry. Place herby vegetables on top.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1806 kj / 432 kcal
- Protein: 40.4g
- Carbohydrate: 39.6g
- Fat: 11.3g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe