With pear salad and walnut yoghurt
Fresh Start Lite 20
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 20 on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
- 1 beetroot, scrubbed and diced 1-2cm
- 2 carrots, quartered lengthways and cut into thirds widthways
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pack chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup yoghurt
- Pinch of chicken spice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- ¾ teaspoon honey
- Remaining yoghurt
- 1 pear
- 2 tomatoes
- ¾-1 cos lettuce
- 550g lean chicken breasts
- 1½ teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon chicken spice
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 220ºC. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate to medium-high (if using). Prepare beetroot and carrots.
- 2 Toss beetroot and carrots on prepared tray with oil and water and season. Bake for 22 minutes to start with. After 22 minutes cook time, remove tray from oven, push vegetables to one side and place walnuts on other side. Bake for a further 2-3 minutes, until walnuts are toasted and vegetables are tender. Set aside to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- 3 While vegetables cook, prepare the salad. In a large bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Cut pear in quarters and thinly slice; dice tomatoes 1cm; cut lettuce in half and thinly slice. Add all to bowl with dressing but do not toss. Set aside.
- 4 Pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. To do this, place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and use a knife to slice through horizontally to make two 1.5cm thick steaks.
- 5 Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Rub chicken with chicken spice and season. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked through. Alternatively, cook on BBQ. Set aside to rest, covered, before slicing, reserving any resting juices.
- 6 Make walnut yoghurt. Roughly chop toasted walnuts and add to a small bowl along with yoghurt and chicken spice (if using). Mix to combine and season.
- 7 Add cooled roasted vegetables to bowl with salad, toss well to combine and season.
- 8 To serve, pile pear salad onto plates. Top with cumin-spiced chicken and drizzle over resting juices (if desired) and walnut yoghurt. Crumble over feta.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1500 kj / 359 kcal
- Protein: 38.9g
- Carbohydrate: 14.2g
- Fat: 15.1g
- Pantry staple