Sticky Lamb with Brown Rice and Asian Sesame Slaw
If sticky lamb begins to colour too fast, reduce heat. Reserve any resting juices and drizzle over if you want to add extra flavour at the end! Alternatively, cook lamb on BBQ grill for 2-3 minutes each side for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking.
My Classic food bag
This dish will appear in My Classic food bag on Sunday, March 25, 2018.
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 600g lamb leg steaks (at room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons sticky lamb sauce
Asian Sesame Slaw
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 baby bok choy *
- ½ baby red cabbage *
- 1 capsicum
- Remaining sticky lamb sauce
- 15g white sesame seeds
- 1 Preheat BBQ grill (if using). Combine rice, water and a pinch of salt in a medium pot and bring to the boil. As soon as it boils, cover with a tight-fitting lid and reduce to lowest heat to cook for 12 minutes. Turn off heat and leave to steam, still covered, for a further 8 minutes. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- 2 While rice cooks, pat lamb dry and toss with first measure of sticky lamb sauce in a medium bowl. Set aside to marinade for about 10 minutes.
- 3 While lamb marinates, combine sweet chilli sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, rice wine vinegar and mayonnaise in a large bowl and set aside.
- 4 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on mediumhigh heat. Cook lamb for 2-3 minutes each side for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing thickly.
- 5 While lamb rests, trim end 1cm off bok choy then thinly slice cabbage, bok choy and capsicum. Add veggies to bowl with dressing, toss to combine and season to taste.
- 6 To serve, place ¾ cup cooked brown rice into each bowl and top with slices of sticky lamb. Drizzle over remaining sticky lamb sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Top with a handful of Asian sesame slaw.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2308 kj / 552 kcal
- Protein: 32.9g
- Carbohydrate: 51.1g
- Fat: 24.7g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe