Chicken Steaks with Butternut Salad, Pangrattato and Mint Pesto
Alternatively, cook chicken on BBQ grill for about 2 minutes each side (depending on thickness), until cooked through. Set aside, covered, to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
My Classic For 2 Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Classic For 2 Food Bag on Sunday, March 25, 2018.
Butternut Pumpkin Salad
- 1 butternut pumpkin, diced 2cm
- 1 beetroot, diced 1cm
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- ½ bag baby spinach *
- 300g chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 50g mint pesto aioli
- 1 Preheat oven to 230°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper. Preheat BBQ grill to high (if using). Prepare vegetables and butter. Toss pumpkin and beetroot on first prepared tray with sweet chilli sauce and a drizzle of olive oil. Season well. Roast for about 25 minutes, until tender and golden. Turn once while cooking.
- 2 While veggies cook, pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. To do this, place your hand flat on top of chicken and use a knife to slice through horizontally. Season and set aside.
- 3 Mince garlic and add to a small bowl, along with all remaining pangrattato ingredients and mix to combine. Scatter in an even layer over second prepared tray and set aside.
- 4 When veggies have 10 minutes cook time remaining, heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on high heat. Cook chicken for about 2-3 minutes each side (depending on thickness), until cooked through. Set aside, covered, to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing thinly. Toss sliced chicken through resting juices.
- 5 While chicken is resting, bake pangrattato on second highest oven rack for 2-3 minutes, until golden and crunchy (check regularly to avoid burning). Once veggies have finished cooking, toss through spinach and season to taste.
- 6 To serve, divide butternut pumpkin salad between plates and top with slices of chicken steaks. Sprinkle over pangrattato and drizzle with mint pesto aioli.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2033 kj / 486 kcal
- Protein: 32.9g
- Carbohydrate: 40.3g
- Fat: 26.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe