With Spanish beans
Fresh Start Lite 10
This dish will appear in Fresh Start Lite 10 on Sunday, March 25, 2018.
- ¾ teaspoon oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
- ½ brown onion, thinly sliced *
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ carrot, diced 1cm *
- ½ capsicum, diced 1cm
- 1½ teaspoons tomato paste
- ¾ teaspoon paprika spice mix
- ½ can mixed beans, drained, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 275g lean chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
- 1½ teaspoons paprika spice mix
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 40g romesco sauce
- ½ courgette
- 1 tomato
- ½ pack black olives, roughly chopped *
- 1-2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped *
- Zest and juice of ¼ lemon *
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 bag baby spinach *
- 1-2 tablespoons coriander leaves and stalks, finely chopped * *
- ¼ lemon cut into wedges *
- 1 Prepare Spanish beans ingredients.
- 2 Heat oil in a medium pot on medium-high heat. Cook onion with a pinch of salt for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- 3 Add garlic, carrot and capsicum and continue to cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften. Add tomato paste and first measure of paprika spice mix and cook for 30 seconds, stirring, until fragrant. Add beans and stock, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low-medium and cook for about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Set aside covered.
- 4 While beans cook, pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. To do this, place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and use a knife to slice through horizontally to make two 1.5cm-thick steaks.
- 5 Heat oil in a medium fry-pan on medium-high heat. Rub chicken with paprika spice mix and garlic and season. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side (depending on thickness), or until cooked through. Set aside, covered, to rest before slicing thinly, reserving any resting juices.
- 6 While chicken cooks, dice courgette and tomato 1cm and roughly chop olives. Finely chop all herbs.
- 7 Once chicken has rested, return pot with beans to a medium heat. Heat for 1 minute before adding all Spanish bean vegetable ingredients and any chicken resting juices (if desired). Stir well until spinach has wilted and season to taste.
- 8 Cut lemon into wedges.
- 9 To serve, spoon Spanish beans and vegetables into bowls. Top with chicken and drizzle over romesco sauce. Sprinkle with coriander and squeeze over lemon.
- SERVES 2
- Energy: 1716 kj / 410 kcal
- Protein: 39.2g
- Carbohydrate: 18.5g
- Fat: 19.6g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe