With kumara rounds and capsicum feta whip
Fresh Start Lite 20
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 20 on Sunday, April 1, 2018.
- 400g kumara, cut into 1cm rounds
- 1½ teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 packet chopped walnuts
- 1½ cups frozen peas *
- 500g lean ground turkey
- 2-3 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 tablespoon turkey spice mix
- ¼ red onion, finely diced *
- Zest of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons oil
SPINACH AND TOMATOES
- ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/8 red onion (optional) *
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ bag spinach *
CAPSICUM FETA WHIP
- 50g feta cheese
- 150g yoghurt
- 1 capsicum, diced 1cm
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 Preheat oven to 220ºC. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil. Prepare vegetables.
- 2 Arrange kumara on prepared tray and drizzle over oil and water. Season and bake for about 18 minutes.
- 3 After 18 minutes, remove tray from oven. Push kumara to one side and put walnuts on other side of tray. Bake a further 2-3 minutes, until kumara and walnuts are lightly golden.
- 4 While kumara bakes,cook peas in pot of boiling water for 1-2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain well. Place peas in a bowl and slightly crush. Add all remaining turkey patty ingredients (except oil) and mix well with clean hands.
- 5 Using damp hands, shape mixture into 8 equalsized patties, 1.5cm-thick. Heat half the oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat and cook patties, in two batches (using remaining oil for second batch), for 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Set aside, covered, to rest.
- 6 In a medium bowl, whisk oil, lemon zest and juice and mustard together. Very thinly slice onion (if using) and cut tomatoes into thin wedges. Add to bowl, along with spinach and toss well just before serving.
- 7 Crumble feta into a small bowl, add yoghurt and whisk together. Fold through capsicum and honey and season to taste.
- 8 To serve, place kumara rounds onto plates. Place turkey patties on top and serve salad on the side. Dollop over capsicum feta whip. Squeeze over lemon wedges and s READY IN prinkle with walnuts.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1873 kj / 448 kcal
- Protein: 41.6g
- Carbohydrate: 34.0g
- Fat: 14.7g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe