Sweet Chilli Chicken
Try not to stir the chicken when it goes in the pan for the first couple of minutes, so you get nice colour and flavour.
Fresh Start Lite 20
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 20 on Sunday, April 15, 2018.
- 1 broccoli
- 1 capsicum
- 1 carrot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 bag brocco slaw
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons mint leaves *
- 1 sachet peanut butter
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon honey
- 1 brown onion
- 1cm piece ginger
- 550g lean chicken breast
- 1½ teaspoons oil
- 80g sweet chilli sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped *
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 Preheat oven to 210ºC. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Prepare ingredients.
- 2 Cut broccoli into small florets and dice stalk 1cm; thinly slice capsicum; cut carrot in half lengthways and thinly slice.
- 3 Toss veggies with remaining brocco slaw ingredients on prepared tray, season and roast for 10-12 minutes, until steamed and tender with a bite.
- 4 While brocco slaw cooks, mince garlic and thinly slice mint. Add to a large bowl along with all remaining peanut dressing ingredients and whisk well until smooth. Set aside.
- 5 Finely grate second measure of ginger, thinly slice onion and set both aside. Pat chicken dry, slice into 1-2cm strips and season.
- 6 Heat oil in a large fry-pan on high heat (allow pan to get very hot). Add chicken to pan and leave to sear for about 2 minutes before starting to stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until chicken is almost cooked.
- 7 Add onion and ginger and continue to stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, until onion is browned and chicken is cooked.
- 8 Once brocco slaw is cooked, add to bowl with peanut dressing. Toss well to combine and season to taste, if necessary.
- 9 To serve, share brocco slaw between bowls. Top with chicken and dollop over sweet chilli sauce. Sprinkle over coriander and squeeze over lime.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1551 kj / 371 kcal
- Protein: 42.9g
- Carbohydrate: 13.9g
- Fat: 14.2g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe