Pebre Lamb Salsa
Fresh Start Lite 20
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 20 on Sunday, April 15, 2018.
- 400g kumara, diced 1-2cm
- 1 red onion, diced 1-2cm
- 1 capsicum, diced 1-2cm
- 1 tablespoon chimichurri spice mix
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes *
- 1 feijoa (optional)
- 2 carrots
- 1 lettuce
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 550g lean lamb rump steaks (at room temperature)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chimichurri spice mix
- 1 pottle pebre salsa
- 1 pottle lite sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped *
- 1 Preheat oven to 220ºC. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Prepare chimichurri vegetables.
- 2 Toss all chimichurri vegetable ingredients on prepared tray and season with salt. Spread vegetables out evenly and bake for 22-24 minutes, turning once, until tender and lightly golden.
- 3 While veggies cook, prepare romaino salad. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and honey.
- 4 Cut tomatoes in half; cut feijoa in half, scoop out flesh with a spoon and roughly chop (if using); grate carrots; tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Add all to bowl with dressing.
- 5 Set aside and do not toss until just before serving. Once tossed and dressed, season to taste.
- 6 Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Pat lamb dry, rub with garlic and chimichurri spice mix. Season with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking.
- 7 Set aside to rest for 3-4 minutes before slicing against the grain reserving any juices and season.
- 8 To serve, share chimichurri vegetables between plates. Top with lamb and drizzle over any resting juices (if desired). Serve romaino salad on the side. Dollop over pebre salsa and sour cream and sprinkle over coriander.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1842 kj / 440 kcal
- Protein: 32.7g
- Carbohydrate: 34.9g
- Fat: 17.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe