Lemon Pepper Chicken with Broccoli Pineapple Couscous
Don’t forget to reserve some pineapple juice for the dressing before draining.
My Family Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Family Food Bag on Sunday, April 22, 2018.
Broccoli Pineapple Couscous
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 broccoli
- ¼ red onion (optional) *
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 225g pineapple pieces
- 3 tsps mint
- 1½ Tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard (e.g. wholegrain or Dijon)
- 2 tsps vinegar (e.g. red or white wine)
- 1 Tbsp reserved pineapple juice
Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 550g chicken breasts
- 2 tsps chicken spice mix (optional, adults)
- 150g yoghurt
- 1 Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Preheat BBQ hot plate to medium-high (if using). Drain pineapple pieces, reserving 1 Tbsp of juice for the dressing. Bring stock to the boil in a medium pot on high heat. As soon as boils, turn off heat, add oil, couscous and salt. Stir, cover and leave for 5 minutes, then fluff up grains with a fork. Cover to keep warm.
- 2 Finely chop broccoli and cook in pot of boiling water for about 2 minutes, until tender. Drain and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk all couscous dressing ingredients and set aside.
- 3 Pat chicken dry and cut into steaks. To do this, place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and use a knife to slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. Season with salt and coat with chicken spice mix (if using).
- 4 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on mediumhigh heat. Cook chicken for 3–4 minutes each side (depending on thickness), until golden and cooked through. Set aside, covered, to rest for a few minutes, before slicing thickly. Alternatively, cook chicken on BBQ hot plate.
- 5 Finely dice red onion until you have 2 tablespoons worth (if using); dice cucumber and tomato 1cm; roughly chop pineapple pieces; roughly chop mint. Add all to bowl with dressing, along with cooked couscous and broccoli. Toss to combine and season.
- 6 To serve, divide broccoli pineapple couscous between plates and top with lemon pepper chicken and a dollop of yoghurt.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 1946 kj / 465 kcal
- Protein: 37.4g
- Carbohydrate: 32.3g
- Fat: 20.1g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe