Spiced Te Mana Lamb with Cauliflower and Black Garlic Yoghurt
If your baby carrots are a little on the larger side, cut in half lengthways so they cook evenly and within the 20 minutes.
My Gourmet Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Gourmet Food Bag on Sunday, April 22, 2018.
Spelt, Cauliflower and Carrot Salad
- ½ cauliflower
- 250g baby carrots
- ½ red onion *
- 1 tsp cauliflower salad spice
- 75g spelt
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon *
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ -½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves *
- 2 Tbsp parsley leaves *
- 3 Tbsp basil *
- 50g grapes
- 35-70g green olives
- 25g chopped walnuts
- 20g capers *
- 1 pack Te Mana lamb rump steaks (at room temperature)
- 2 tsp spiced lamb rub
- 50g black garlic yoghurt
- 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil. Line two oven trays with baking paper. Cut cauliflower into small florets, trim baby carrots and finely dice red onion. Halve grapes and thinly slice olives.
- 2 Toss cauliflower, baby carrots, red onion and cauliflower salad spice with a drizzle of olive oil on first prepared tray. Season and roast for about 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- 3 Add spelt to pot of boiling water and simmer for 10-12 minutes, until tender with a slight bite. Drain and return to pot with a drizzle of oil. Set aside to keep warm. Pat lamb dry and coat in spiced lamb rub.
- 4 Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium fry-pan on mediumhigh heat. Cook lamb for about 2 minutes each side, until golden. Transfer lamb to second prepared tray and roast for about 8 minutes for medium (depending on thickness), or cooked to your liking. Remove from oven and set aside, covered, to rest.
- 5 In a large bowl, combine roasted vegetables with cooked spelt, lemon zest and juice, olive oil and salt. Pick mint, parsley and basil leaves and add to bowl with salad, along with grapes, olives, walnuts and capers. Thinly slice lamb against the grain and season. Add any resting juices to salad. Toss and season to taste.
- 6 To serve, divide spelt, cauliflower and carrot salad between plates and top with slices of spiced lamb. Serve with a dollop of black garlic yoghurt and drizzle over a little olive oil, if desired.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2529 kj / 604 kcal
- Protein: 35.1g
- Carbohydrate: 37.1g
- Fat: 34.2g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe