Chicken Soba Noodle Salad with Sesame Seed Dressing and Slaw
Get your pan nice and hot before adding the chicken.
Fresh Start Lite 10
This dish will appear in Fresh Start Lite 10 on Sunday, April 22, 2018.
SOBA NOODLE SALAD
- 1 bundle soba noodles
- ½ cup frozen corn *
- ½ spring onion *
- ½ bag Japanese slaw
- ½-1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsps sesame seeds
- ½-1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ tsps water
- ½-1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 275g lean chicken breasts
- ½ tsp oil, for cooking (or use spray oil)
- 25g lime ponzu dressing
- 1-2 Tbsp coriander leaves and stalks *
- ½-1 spring onion, thinly sliced (optional) *
- ½ lime, cut into wedges *
- 1 Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil. Prepare ingredients.
- 2 Add noodles to pot of water, stir to separate and cook for about 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, add corn and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until noodles and corn are tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and leave to drain well.
- 3 Finely grate ginger and add to a large bowl, along with all remaining sesame dressing ingredients. Whisk until combined, season to taste and set aside.
- 4 Pat chicken dry and cut into 1-2cm strips. Heat oil in a large fry-pan on high heat until very hot. Add chicken to pan and cook, undisturbed, for 1-2 minutes before stir-frying for 2-3 minutes until almost cooked through. Reduce heat to medium and add lime ponzu dressing to pan. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, until chicken is cooked and coated in dressing. Set aside on a plate to rest, reserving any resting juices.
- 5 While chicken cooks, thinly slice spring onion.
- 6 Add noodles and corn to bowl with sesame dressing, along with Japanese slaw and spring onion. Add some resting juices from chicken (if desired). Toss well to coat and season to taste.
- 7 To serve, place soba noodle salad into bowls. Top with chicken and sprinkle over coriander and spring onions (if using). Serve with a lime wedge to squeeze over.
- SERVES 2
- Energy: 1835 kj / 439 kcal
- Protein: 42.1g
- Carbohydrate: 42.2g
- Fat: 10.3g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe