Katsu Fish with Miso Salad and Wasabi Aioli
If you don’t have a non-stick frypan, just use a little bit more oil.
Fresh Start Lite 20
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 20 on Sunday, May 6, 2018.
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ telegraph cucumber *
- 1 watermelon radish
- ¼-½ red onion *
- 1 carrot
- 80g miso dressing
- ½ bag baby spinach *
- ½-1 tsp sesame oil
- 1-1½ tsp rice wine vinegar
- 600g market fish
- 1 egg
- 80g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp oil
- 80g wasabi aioli
- 1 Bring a small pot of salted water to the boil.
- 2 Cook peas in pot of boiling water for 1-2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and leave to drain well.
- 3 Pat fish dry, remove any remaining scales or bones and season. Cut any larger fillets in half.
- 4 Whisk egg in a shallow bowl with a pinch of salt and place breadcrumbs in a second shallow bowl. Dip fish into egg, shaking off excess, then add to breadcrumbs and turn to coat. Set aside.
- 5 Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick fry-pan on medium heat. Cook fish, in two batches, for 2-3 minutes each side (depending on thickness), until just cooked through. Reduce heat if crumb starts to burn. Use remaining oil for second batch. Season fish when cooked.
- 6 Cut cucumber in half lengthways and thinly slice; dice radish 1cm; very thinly slice onion; grate carrot.
- 7 Place chopped veggies in a large bowl, along with cooked peas and all remaining miso salad ingredients. Just before serving, toss well to combine and season to taste.
- 8 To serve, divide miso salad between plates. Top with katsu fish and dollop over wasabi aioli.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1868 kj / 446 kcal
- Protein: 37.0g
- Carbohydrate: 11.1g
- Fat: 27.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe