Chicken Peanut Noodles with Stir-Fry Veggies and Sprouts
Use a non-stick fry-pan for best results.
Fresh Start Lite 20
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 20 on Sunday, May 6, 2018.
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- Pinch of chilli (optional)
- 30g lemongrass paste
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 30g peanut butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp cornflour, mixed with 1 Tbsp cold water
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 tsp oil
- 450g chicken breast stir-fry
- ½ brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut in half lengthways and thinly sliced
- 1 broccoli, cut into small florets and stalk roughly diced
- 1 broccoli, cut into small florets and stalk roughly diced *
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tsp soy sauce
NOODLES AND EGGS
- 100g mung bean vermicelli
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp chopped, roasted peanuts
- 100g mung bean sprouts
- 1½ Tbsp chopped coriander *
- ½ lime, cut into wedges
- 1 Bring a full kettle to the boil.
- 2 Heat oil in a medium pot on low-medium heat. Cook onion, chilli (if using) and lemongrass paste, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add a splash of water if paste sticks. Add all remaining peanut sauce ingredients (except lime juice), stir and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until thickened slightly. Stir through lime juice, season and set aside.
- 3 While sauce cooks, heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large, non-stick fry-pan on medium-high heat. Pat chicken dry, season and stir-fry for 2-4 minutes (depending on thickness), or until just cooked through. Remove from pan and add to pot with peanut sauce. Set aside, covered, to keep warm. Reserve pan.
- 4 While chicken is stir-frying, place vermicelli in a medium, heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for about 4 minutes, until tender. Drain and use kitchen scissors to snip in a few places.
- 5 Return reserved pan to medium-high heat with remaining oil and stir-fry onion for 1-2 minutes, until soft. Add carrot, broccoli, capsicum, water and soy sauce and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until veggies are tender. While veggies cook, whisk eggs and soy sauce together in a small bowl.
- 6 Reduce heat to low-medium. Push veggies to one side and add whisked eggs to pan. Leave to partially set for 2 minutes then mix through veggies until set. Remove pan from heat. Season.
- 7 To serve, place noodles, chicken stir-fry and peanut sauce into bowls. Top with peanuts, mung bean sprouts, coriander and a wedge of lime to squeeze over.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1856 kj / 444 kcal
- Protein: 39.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31.6g
- Fat: 16.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe