Bunless Burgers with Beetroot Feta and Caramelised Onions
Fresh Start Lite 20
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 20 on Sunday, May 6, 2018.
- 400g kumara
- 1 tsp oil
BUNLESS BEEF BURGERS
- 500g lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 pack burger spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 250g cooked beetroot
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 tomato
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 100g caramelised onions
- 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 2 Cut kumara into 1cm rounds and toss with oil on first prepared tray. Season and bake (on middle oven rack) for 22-24 minutes, until golden and tender. Turn halfway during cook time.
- 3 In a medium bowl, mix beef, egg, burger spice and salt together until combined.
- 4 Using damp hands, shape mixture into 8 evenly sized, 1.5cm-thick patties.
- 5 Place patties on second prepared tray and brush with oil.
- 6 Once kumara has 10 minutes cook time remaining, switch oven to high grill and place tray with patties in the oven (on the rack above kumara).
- 7 Cook patties for 8-10 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- 8 Grate beetroot into a medium bowl. Add yoghurt and feta, mix to combine and season to taste.
- 9 Thinly slice tomato and separate lettuce leaves.
- 10 To serve, lay out lettuce leaves and spoon beetroot feta evenly onto leaves. Place a kumara round and a patty in each lettuce leaf, top with tomato and a dollop of caramelised onions. Serve extra kumara on the side.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1856 kj / 444 kcal
- Protein: 36.7g
- Carbohydrate: 36.4g
- Fat: 15.3g
- Pantry staple