Tandoori Fish with Bombay Vegetables and Coriander Raita
Fresh Start Lite 20
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 20 on Sunday, May 13, 2018.
- 400g kumara
- 2 carrots
- ½ red onion *
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 Tbsp Bombay spice
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/3 bag baby spinach *
- 50g feta cheese
- 40g tandoori paste
- 1 tsp water
- 25g sliced almonds
- 600g market fish
- ½ Lebanese cucumber
- 3 Tbsp coriander *
- 150g yoghurt
- 1 Preheat oven to 220ºC. Line two oven trays (one with a lip) with baking paper.
- 2 Dice kumara and carrots 1-2cm and roughly chop onion. Toss veggies, oil, Bombay spice and water on prepared tray (without lip) and season. Roast for about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- 3 Crumble feta into a small bowl then use a fork to mix with tandoori paste and water. Roughly chop almonds.
- 4 Pat fish dry and remove any remaining scales or bones. Cut any larger fillets in half, season with salt and place on second prepared tray (with a lip). Evenly spread tandoori feta paste over fish and sprinkle over almonds.
- 5 After veggies have cooked for 20 minutes, move to bottom rack of oven. Bake fish (on middleupper oven rack) for 6-7 minutes (depending on thickness), until cooked through. Keep an eye on almonds so they do not burn.
- 6 While fish cooks, grate cucumber and squeeze out excess moisture. Finely chop coriander and add to a medium bowl, along with yoghurt and cucumber. Mix to combine and season.
- 7 Remove Bombay vegetables from oven and toss through spinach on tray.
- 8 To serve, place Bombay vegetables onto plates. Top with tandoori fish and drizzle over coriander raita.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1661 kj / 397 kcal
- Protein: 39.1g
- Carbohydrate: 30.8g
- Fat: 11.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe