Beef Sirloin Steaks with Roasted Vegetables and Truffle Salt
Fresh Start Lite 20
This dish most recently appeared in Fresh Start Lite 20 on Sunday, May 13, 2018.
- 3 carrots, cut into 1-2cm chips
- ½ red onion, cut into thin wedges *
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ savoy cabbage
- 1 leek
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp butter or oil
- 125g frozen peas *
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 125g lite sour cream
BEEF SIRLOIN STEAKS
- 550g lean beef sirloin steaks (at room temperature)
- ½ tsp truffle salt
- 1 tsp oil
- Pinch of truffle salt
- 1 Preheat oven to 220ºC. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2 Toss carrots and onion with oil on prepared tray and season. Roast for about 25 minutes, until vegetables are tender and golden. Turn once during cooking.
- 3 While vegetables roast, thinly shred cabbage until you have about 3 cups worth. Thinly slice white and light green part of leek. Set both aside separately.
- 4 Heat a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Rub beef with truffle salt and oil.
- 5 Cook beef for 2-3 minutes for medium-rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Set aside, covered, to rest. Reserve any resting juices before slicing thickly against the grain. Reserve pan.
- 6 Heat butter/oil in reserved pan on mediumhigh heat. Cook leek with a pinch of salt for 1-2 minutes, until softened. Add cabbage, peas and stock and cook a further 3-4 minutes, until stock has reduced.
- 7 Remove pan from heat, stir through sour cream and season to taste.
- 8 To serve, place roast vegetables onto plates. Serve creamed leeks on the side. Top with beef, drizzle over resting juices (if desired) and sprinkle over some truffle salt.
- SERVES 4
- Energy: 1483 kj / 354 kcal
- Protein: 38.7g
- Carbohydrate: 11.2g
- Fat: 16.1g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe