Crispy Chicken Rice Bowl with Sesame Dressing
Turn your chicken often while cooking to ensure it is evenly crispy on all sides. Turn heat down slightly if chicken starts to burn.
My Classic food bag
This dish will appear in My Classic food bag on Sunday, May 27, 2018.
- 400g jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 courgette
- ½ bag broccolini *
- 1-2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 100g mung bean sprouts
- Drizzle of rice wine vinegar
- 650g chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pack chicken flour
- ¼ - ½ cup sesame dressing
- 2 Tbsp coriander *
- 1 Combine rice, water and a pinch of salt in a pot and bring to the boil with the lid on. As soon as it boils, reduce to lowest heat to cook for 12 minutes. Turn off heat and leave to steam, still covered, for a further 8 minutes. Do not lift lid during cooking.
- 2 Grate courgette and cut any large pieces of broccolini in half lengthways. Pat chicken dry and slice 1cm. Toss in a medium bowl with soy sauce and sesame oil. Add chicken flour to bowl and toss to coat.
- 3 Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on mediumhigh heat. Cook chicken for 6–7 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Turn often to ensure even cooking and add extra oil, if needed. Set aside to rest, return pan to medium-high heat.
- 4 Add a drizzle of oil to pan (if needed) and cook broccolini for about 3 minutes until tender. Add ginger to pan and cook a further 30 seconds, until fragrant. Season and set aside in a medium bowl.
- 5 Add mung bean sprouts, and a drizzle of rice wine vinegar to bowl with broccolini and toss to combine. Season and set aside. When rice has finished cooking, fluff up grains with a fork then fold through courgette and season to taste. Roughly chop coriander leaves.
- 6 To serve, spoon ¾ cup rice between bowls and top with veggies and crispy chicken. Drizzle over sesame dressing just before eating and sprinkle with coriander leaves.
- SERVES 4-5
- Energy: 2755 kj / 658 kcal
- Protein: 31.8g
- Carbohydrate: 65.7g
- Fat: 29.9g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe