Argentine Lamb with Roast Veggie and Bulgur Salad
This would be great piled onto a platter and placed on the table for everyone to help themselves! Lightly toast your almonds for even more flavour.
My Classic For 2 Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Classic For 2 Food Bag on Sunday, May 27, 2018.
- ¾ cup bulgur wheat
- 1 tsp Argentine spice mix
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 carrot
- ½ pack broccolini *
- ½ courgette *
- Juice of ¼-½ lemon
- 300g lamb rump steaks (at room temperature)
- 1½ tsp Argentine spice mix
- 1 Tbsp mint
- 50g feta cheese *
- 50g chimichurri mayonnaise
- 25g sliced almonds
- 1 Preheat oven to 220oC. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pot on medium heat. Add bulgur, first measure of Argentine spice mix and salt to pot and cook, stirring for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- 2 Add stock/water and bring to the boil with the lid on. As soon as it boils, remove from heat. Stir, cover and leave to soak for about 15 minutes, until grains are tender.
- 3 While bulgur cooks, cut carrot and courgette lengthways 1cm and any larger stems of broccolini in half lengthways. Season and toss on prepared tray with a drizzle of oil, and roast for about 15 minutes until tender.
- 4 Pat lamb dry, season and sprinkle with second measure of Argentine spice mix. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 3-4 minutes each side for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest before slicing thinly against the grain.
- 5 Fluff up cooked bulgur with a fork, stir through lemon juice and season to taste. Pick mint leaves.
- 6 To serve, divide bulgur between plates and top with veggies and slices of lamb. Crumble over feta and top with a dollop of chimichurri mayonnaise and a sprinkle of almonds and mint.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2633 kj / 629 kcal
- Protein: 35.4g
- Carbohydrate: 28.6g
- Fat: 39.7g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe