Crispy Skin Fish with Soft Polenta, Wilted Greens and Olive Gremolata
I love using an ingredient that people might not be too familiar with, like polenta, and adding the classic Italian flavours we use at Baduzzi. Warming and bold notes of chilli, garlic and olives to create a dish that is simple, yet full of flavour. Paired with fresh seasonal greens for a perfectly balanced dish. – Glen File, Baduzzi
Exclusive recipe from Glen File, Baduzzi
My Own Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Own Food Bag on Sunday, May 27, 2018.
- ½ pack green olives
- 3 Tbsp parsley
- 2 Tbsp mint *
- Zest and juice of ¼ lemon *
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
Fish and Polenta
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ cup polenta
- 2-3 Tbsp Parmesan, finely grated
- 300g market fish
- 125g broccolini *
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ tsp salt
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- ⅓ bag baby spinach *
- 1 Roughly chop olives, parsley and mint. Combine in a small bowl along with remaining olive gremolata ingredients. Season and set aside.
- 2 Cut any larger broccolini in half lengthways and set aside. Bring milk, first measure of stock, salt and butter to the boil in a small pot. As soon as it boils, quickly whisk in polenta and cook on low, whisking constantly, for about 1 minute until thick.
- 3 Remove from heat and stir through Parmesan. Season and cover with a tight-fitting lid and set aside to keep warm. Stir again just before serving.
- 4 Pat fish dry and remove any remaining bones or scales. Cut any larger fillets in half, score skin at 1cm intervals and season. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook fish, skin side down, for 2-3 minutes until skin is crispy, flip and cook a further 1-2 minutes until just cooked through.
- 5 Remove fish from pan and set aside to rest. Wipe pan clean and return to heat with a little more oil. Add broccolini and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, add second measure of chicken stock, salt and lemon juice and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until Just cooked. Remove from heat and stir through spinach until wilted.
- 6 To serve, divide polenta and wilted greens between plates. Top with fish and spoon over olive gremolata.
- SERVES 2
- Energy: 2574 kj / 615 kcal
- Protein: 49.0g
- Carbohydrate: 44.7g
- Fat: 29.8g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe