Lavender Rubbed Te Mana Lamb with Rosemary Jus
My Gourmet Food Bag
This dish will appear in My Gourmet Food Bag on Sunday, May 27, 2018.
- 400g baby potatoes
- 1 baby leek
- Zest of ½ lemon *
- 125g broccolini *
- 125g cavolo nero *
- 1 packet Te Mana Lamb rump
- 2 tsp lavender rub
- 100g rosemary jus
- 2 Tbsp parsley *
- 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Dice baby potatoes 2cm and slice leek into 1cm rounds. Toss on prepared tray with a drizzle of oil and lemon zest. Season and roast in oven for 20 minutes. Chop broccolini into 3cm lengths, remove stalks from cavolo nero and cut into 3cm lengths. Set aside.
- 2 After potatoes and leeks have cooked for 20 minutes, remove tray from oven and toss through broccolini and cavolo nero, adding a little more oil and salt and roast for a further 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- 3 While vegetables cook, pat lamb dry, season and coat in lavender rub. When vegetables have 20 minutes cook time remaining, cook lamb.
- 4 Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium, oven-proof fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Transfer pan to oven to cook lamb for about 8 minutes (depending on thickness), for medium, or cooked to your liking.
- 5 Set lamb aside to rest, covered for about 5 minutes, before slicing thinly against the grain. Reserve resting juices. While lamb rest,s heat rosemary jus in a small pot until simmering. Add reserved resting juices, remove from heat and set aside for serving.
- 6 To serve, divide roasted vegetables between plates and top with slices of lavender rubbed lamb. Drizzle over rosemary jus. Pick parsley leaves and sprinkle over lamb.
- SERVES 2-3
- Energy: 2042 kj / 488 kcal
- Protein: 32.5g
- Carbohydrate: 35.0g
- Fat: 25.6g
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe