Korean Beef Bowl with Mushrooms, Eggs and Cauli Rice
Fresh Start Lite 10
This dish will appear in Fresh Start Lite 10 on Sunday, May 27, 2018.
- ¼ cauliflower, grated/very finely chopped or pulsed in a food processor *
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced *
- ½ tsp oil
- 250g lean ground beef
- ½ punnet mushrooms, roughly chopped *
- 60g Korean bibimbap sauce
- ½-1 baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1-2 radishes, thinly sliced *
- ½ pack sesame seeds
- 1 Preheat oven to 220ºC. Line an oven tray (with a lip) with baking paper.
- 2 Prep cauliflower. Toss on prepared tray with soy sauce. Bake (on upper oven rack), for about 10 minutes, until just tender. Toss once during cooking.
- 3 Prep onion & cook beef. Heat oil in a medium frypan on medium-high heat. Cook beef and onion for about 4 minutes, breaking beef up as it cooks.
- 4 Prep mushrooms & bok choy. Add mushrooms and bibimbap sauce to beef and continue to cook, stirring, for a further 3-5 minutes, until beef is cooked and most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir through bok choy and remove from heat. Cover to keep warm.
- 5 Cook eggs. In another medium (preferably nonstick) fry-pan (or transfer cooked beef to a bowl and wipe plan clean to reuse same pan), heat second measure of oil on medium heat. Crack eggs in, one by one and cook for 2-3 minutes, until whites are just set but yolk is still runny. Season.
- 6 Prep carrot & radishes. Set both aside.
- 7 To serve, divide cauli rice between bowls, along with beef and mushrooms. Top with carrot, radishes and egg. Garnish with sesame seeds. If desired, mix everything together in bowl just before eating.
- SERVES 2
- Energy: 1669 kj / 399 kcal
- Protein: 44.5g
- Carbohydrate: 12.1g
- Fat: 18.6g
- Pantry staple
- * Shared ingredient with another recipe